Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Alicia Strikes Again :: ROAR ::

"... Louder than a lion cause I am CHAMPION and you're gonna hear me ROAR!!"

Katy Perry's new song.

I am addicted. 

Thanks to Alicia Harvey. Who, in truth, found the song from Alexis Crowell. So Lex, here's one of your many impending shout outs: THANK YOU FOR THE NEW SONG! Another woman sharing her tenacious spirit. Ah, it's refreshing.

Alicia and Brooke got this awesome opportunity to run in the world's largest relay, Hood to Coast. One literally runs from Mt. Hood to the Oregon Coast on a 12 man team. 198 miles, 12 people, 1 goal. Saturday I drove to the beach to retrieve them from their crazy venture. Saturday night as we were driving home after our British beach bonfire, Alicia broke the silence of our ride with Katy Perry's new song.

I was instantly hooked; the sleeping tiger in me awoke. This song was made for women like me: Fightin' women.

I have been listening to it NONSTOP since Saturday night - on my Sunday run, on my Monday bike ride to and from work and on my lunch break. Even this Tuesday morning bike ride was consumed with the song's prowess. And as I listened to it on my way in, I had a revelation: this song reminds me of why I created my list in the first place - I want the world to hear me ROAR.

My 30 before 30 list is my way of roaring. I want to be heard. I want people to know I was here, that I lived and lived well. I want to leave my mark. I just finished reading Tattoos on the Heart, an incredible book about one man's ministry to the gangs of LA. The book seeps with wisdom but it made me realize how much I (and all of us) yearn for significance - to be and do something significant. Through the stories of his life, Father Gregory Boyle proves we can do and be significant. I believe we can. I know I can. So I am going for it with all I have!

Last night I had $1 margaritas with one of my dearest friends in the PDX area, Sara. Sara and I are running a half marathon together, #4 on my list. This prompted us talk about my list and my definitions for words like "publish" or "wine snob". Again I was reminded that it's not that I expect to finish everything. But that I do need to try for everything. I want to keep pushing forward towards my goals and dreams. Even if I only accomplish 10 of the things on my list, I will be closer to the Hannah God intended me to be because I am finally living into the desires He gave me. That is the end game for me, people. Nothing more, nothing less. Hear me on this and remind me of this if I waver. The tasks on my list are not the end; the end is to fight through my fears to accomplish my goals. In that, I can be a victor. To that end, I will have accomplished much more. Being a champion is a mentality. It's the approach I choose take to my list, for sure. But, ultimately, its the approach I choose to take towards my life. I choose to rock it because I am a champion.

"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR


You’re gonna hear me roar!!"


You better believe as long as the Lord lets me breathe, I will not quit until everyone hears me roar! 


 

 :: Brooke, Myself & Alicia, Post Hood to Coast ::


:: Me & Leesh, on the beach :: 

(Girls, we got the eye of the tiger ;)

2 comments:

alicia said...

Heck yes we do!! Whoohoo! Half Marathon, baby!

Hannah Mae said...

You're the best! ;) I love how you always comment. Thank you!