Friday, October 11, 2013

"She set out to conquer the world... So she did" :: Stair Stumbling Love

She came stumbling down the stairs this morning. My beautiful Caitlin, hair a mess, eyes half open. She almost fell over at the top. She had hit the snooze button a couple times. Who doesn't love doing that? :) But she wanted to hug me one last time before I left for my race and she knew she wouldn't get another chance. So at 6 am in the morning she arose ...  for me.

She came stumbling down the stairs this morning... sleepy... delivering words of love. My favorite thing. My love language. We embraced. The way we always do, meeting part of our hug quota for the day. It's the kind of embrace that reminds you of everything real, safe and true. It was the kind of embrace that told me she believed. She knows I can do it, conquer my race, just fine.

 Her faith motivates me. 

It's a beautiful thing to carry into my half marathon this weekend. I've got my physical stuff all packed and now I feel my heart all packed with the love and faith of my cherished ones. Invisible, they stand with me. Intangible, but I carry them in my heart. I will need that to keep my spirits high. But in all honesty, I am so stoked. I am ready for this. Ready to run. I text this to Esther (practically my twin sister, 6 years senior) at 9 p.m. last night. She said, "The adrenaline's kicking in!" Yeah! It is. :) And suddenly I believe too. I know I can do it. Conquer my race. Just fine.

I am setting out to conquer the world this weekend. (Yes, yes, my Cailee). So I will. 

Thank you, Beloved. 

H::


"... Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
And the sky of the sky of a tree called life; 
which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)
:: E.E. Cummings ::

No comments: